Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thank You: Yang Jiechi

I would just like to issue as statement saying thank you, Yang Jiechi, Chinese Foreign Minister, for bringing support to peace talks in Darfur. It is something that the U.S., Great Brittan, and pretty much every other country in the world (I'm sorry if your country supports peace talks in Darfur, I would like that and I would support that, but right now I would like to talk about Yang Jiechi and China's support) hasn't done, and since China, being perhaps the second most powerful country in the world, has supported it, (and if only we could convince the U.S. to support it) I think that Sudan can at least try to do it.
Jiechi also mentioned that he considers Darfur to be one of the foreign "Hotspot Issues" along side Iran's Nuclear programme, the many wars in the Middle East and (this one surprised me) Nuclear bomb crazed North Korea. Now, both being communist countries, and both having some of the biggest weapon forces in the world, they both half to be allies, and for China to throw North Korea under the bus like that surprised me. But this is good, if North Korea listens to their ally, that could be the end to a lot of Nuclear weapons.
But back to what the article was originally about, thank you once again, Yang Jiechi, for supporting peace talks in Darfur.
Post questions and comments as comments
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment